The tiered approach will reduce the number of site-specific evaluations that require a Department review by providing “off-ramps” at each tier:
VI Tier 1:
- Initial generic screening levels.
- Exceedances do not result in facility status, and DEQ will not use this Tier to require remedial action.
- If exceeded, further assessment through the tiered process is needed.
- Incorporates facility-specific geologic and hydrogeological conditions
- Compliance with VI Tier 2 criteria results in unrestricted residential closure.
- Exceedances result in facility status.
- Incorporates land use and building-specific information for generic criteria.
- Identifies the need for response activity or a site-specific evaluation completed in VI Tier 3B.
- Site-specific alternative approach.
- Requires Department approval to implement.
Click here for more information on Caltha's services related to site assessment, site cleanup and redevelopment.